Mark - The Descent Into Greatness
Series: Mark - The Descent Into Greatness
Passage: Mark 9:1-10
Key Theme: Losing our lives to actually save them
● What is the most amazing thing you have ever seen with your own eyes?
● Have you ever been asked to keep a very important secret? Was it hard? Explain.
● Think of a time when it took an actual experience to teach you something that up to that point you simply had not understood.
● Why is it significant that Christ was transfigured before them...while with Moses and Elijah?
● Likewise, why do you think it is significant that the Father said, “ This is my beloved Son; listen to Him. ?”
● It has been said, “Do not forget in the dark what you have seen in the light.” How do you think this experience might later be of help to Peter, James & John in the days ahead?
● Of all of the people Jesus had taught, for this experience He only took Peter, James and John. Do you have a few individuals that you do life with at a deep level?
● Is there an experience that you can create to bring a truth home to someone you disciple?
● What is God teaching you and saying to you in this passage?