Mark - The Descent Into Greatness
Series: Mark - The Descent Into Greatness
Passage: Mark 8:31-38
Key Theme: Losing our lives to actually save them
● Think of a time that you gave something up in order to get something way better. Explain.
● Complete the sentence, “I might say “Get behind me, Satan!” if tempted with ________________.”
● In what ways do you think the American dream and Christianity are not compatible?
● Read Mark 8:34. a) In what ways are you to “deny” yourself in order to be a Christ-follower? b) Similarly, in what way(s) are you to “take up your cross?”
● In what way is losing one’s life for the Gospel’s sake a one-time action, and in what other ways is it a daily action?
● Explain the grand paradox below:
● How can we use the words in v. 37 as a tool for evangelism and discipleship?
● Why is it so hard to sacrifice temporal things that this world offers to attain that which is eternal?
● What is God teaching you and saying to you in this passage?