Seeing Christ and His Kingdom in Clear Focus
Mark: Reset Your Mind
Key Theme: Seeing Christ and His Kingdom in Clear Focus
● During a time of blindness in your life, has anyone ever taken you by the hand and led you away from an unhealthy environment? Share.
● Think of a time when you thought you saw something clearly (an object, a situation, the will of God, etc.) only to find out later that your initial vision was actually a bit blurred. Explain.
● “And he took the blind man by the hand and led him out of the village...” Meditate on this verse. What do we learn about our Lord in this simple phrase? How should this understanding help us in our endeavor to reach the lost and disciple others?
● In v.29 Jesus asks the question of the ages, “But who do you say that I am? .” How might people answer the question of who Jesus is? How does/should knowing the correct answer impact our lives (see 35-38)?
● Peter gives the right answer to this question, but what do we learn from verses 31-33 that showed that Peter’s vision of who Christ is was still blurry? How is he able to see things clearly only after the crucifixion and resurrection?
● In what ways must we reset our minds daily on “the things of God” vs. “the things of man?”
Concerned with Tomorrow
Focus on Me
Living in the moment Today
Focus on Others
● How are we to lose our lives for the sake of the Gospel?
● What is God teaching you and saying to you in this passage?