Mark - The Descent Into Greatness
Series: Mark - The Descent Into Greatness
Passage: Mark 12:1-12
Key Theme: Steward/Servant
● How are you at delegating...is that a strength of yours or an area where you struggle? Explain.
● Have you ever entrusted something important or valuable to someone else and lived to regret it. What happened, and what lessons were learned in the process?
● If God is the owner of the vineyard in this passage (and He is), what does the fact that He continues to send one servant after another tell you about Him and maybe about Kingdom work in general?
● Obviously the actions of the tenants in this passage are despicable, but why? How might each be confusing their responsibility of being a steward and servant with their desire to be an owner and lord?
● How do you see the providence of God worked out in this passage by allowing bad things to bring about that which is ultimately good (The Cornerstone!)? Give other examples in Scripture where He has done the same. How about in your life?
● How are the actions of James and John in 10:35-37 and the tenants in today’s passage similar? What are we learning about our hearts that are never satisfied and content but always seem to want more?
●Are you being a faithful tenant of the life God has entrusted to you?
● Do your daily actions and rhythms best resemble a steward or owner?
● What is God teaching you and saying to you in this passage?