- Someone to walk with you, offering biblical, gospel-centered care as you navigate difficult circumstances
- Someone who will hold what is shared in confidence
- Someone who believes in the sufficiency of God's word
- Someone to pray with you
- Someone to remind you of truth
- Someone to encourage you
- Someone to hold you accountable
- Someone to help you complete homework assignments to make the concepts real
What Community Care Team Members offer is intentional discipleship that is deep, dependent upon God, and authentic.
To provide biblical, gospel-centered support for ongoing needs within the body.
To see the emotional and spiritual health of the church body thrive as Christians care for one another as Scriptures indicate, rather than assuming formal counseling as the only method that provides transformation.
- Christ-centered - John 15:5, John 16:33
- Body committed (Community based) - Hebrews 3:12-13
- Spirit dependent - John 14:25-27
- Trusting God to supply what only He can - Ephesians 3:20, 1 Peter 1:3-10
- Transformation that comes through applying the truth of God's word, through the presence and power of the Holy Spirit, to an emotional or spiritual struggle- John 8:31-32
Community Care Team Members provide care as lay people and are not trained professional counselors.